Stephen R. Hackett
Stephen R. Hackett practices in the areas of general civil and commercial litigation. Mr. Hackett was previously a partner in the litigation department of Lionel Sawyer & Collins and most recently was Managing Director in the Las Vegas office of an international development company. Mr. Hackett is a 1991 Cum Laude graduate of California Western School of Law, where he served as Lead Articles Editor of the California Western Law Review and a 1988 graduate of the College of William & Mary, where he earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in government. Immediately after graduating law school, Mr. Hackett served as a law clerk to Judge Richard F. Suhrheinrich of the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Mr. Hackett is admitted to the Nevada and California bars.
- General Civil Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- California, 1992
- Nevada and U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1993
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1996
- Bachelor of Arts, College of William & Mary, 1988
- Juris Doctor, California Western School of Law, 1991
- Cum Laude
- Lead Articles Editor, California Western Law Review, 1990 – 1991
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California
Law Clerk to Hon. Richard F. Suhrheinrich, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1991 – 1992.
- Poulos v. Caesars World, Inc., 379 F.3d 654 (9th Cir. 2004)
- First Interstate Bank of Nevada v. United States, 874 F.Supp. 286 (D. Nev. 1994)
Sklar Williams PLLC serves clients in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada.