Mr. Pomerantz is one of the leading white collar criminal defense and complex business litigation attorneys in Las Vegas. A former federal prosecutor, Mr. Pomerantz leads the firm’s litigation practice. He is particularly adept in the courtroom and has established a reputation as a fierce and respected advocate.
During his fourteen year tenure in the United States Attorney’s Office for the District of Nevada, Mr. Pomerantz served as Chief of the White Collar unit and was also the Criminal Health Care Fraud Coordinator, during which he established a core competence in health care fraud. He successfully prosecuted a number of complex and high profile cases as lead trial counsel and earned a number of awards from the Department of Justice and the prosecuting agencies with which he worked. Prior to his tenure as a federal prosecutor, Mr. Pomerantz worked in a pair of Washington, D.C. law firms, Winston & Strawn and Morgan, Lewis & Bockius, and began his career in 1995 at a litigation boutique law firm in Boston.
Since returning to private practice in 2016, Mr. Pomerantz’ practice has focused on complex criminal, civil, and administrative matters. Among the representative matters on which he has worked are the following:
- Representation of the Board of Directors of a publicly traded casino relating to potential criminal allegations against its CEO;
- Representation of a prominent automobile manufacturer and its CEO in a whistleblower complaint by a former employee;
- Representation of successful land and business developers in a dispute with their partners over the sale of well-known Las Vegas retail and business complex;
- Representation of the CEO of a regional laboratory in a criminal and civil investigation into its billing practices;
- Representation of an engineer accused of stealing trade secrets from a federal defense contractor;
- Representation of a defendant accused of conspiring with participants on the “dark web”; and
- Representation of a successful medical device distributor in a business dispute with a competitor.
A significant portion of Mr. Pomerantz’ practice focuses on healthcare fraud and abuse matters, including criminal defense, civil litigation, regulatory and transactional work. Mr. Pomerantz has represented qui tam relators and defended health care providers in federal False Claims Act litigation. He has also developed a niche practice representing health care providers and other professionals in front of licensing boards, including the Nevada States Board of Medical Examiners, the Nevada State Board of Pharmacy, and the Cannabis Compliance Board. He prides himself on developing relationships with the regulators who police his clients’ businesses.
Mr. Pomerantz is a graduate of the University of Michigan and Boston University School of Law, where he completed a joint JD-MBA program. He is licensed to practice in Nevada, Washington, D.C., and Massachusetts.
Sklar Williams PLLC serves clients in Las Vegas and throughout Nevada.
- Massachusetts, 1996
- District of Columbia, 2001
- Nevada, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, First and Ninth Circuits
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Michigan, 1992
- Masters of Business Administration, Boston University School of Management, 1995
- Juris Doctor, Boston University School of Law, 1995